Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Last Post

This will be the last post.

Guys remember to take overseas notification.

Here is the link. www.ns.sg

Limin wrote me a list today on what things to bring and I think I should share it with you guys.

Panties
Jeans
Shirts
Socks
Pyjamas
Toothbrush & Paste
Shaver
Facial Wash
Shampoo & Soap
Gel
Hairdryer
Slippers
1 Towel
Plastic bags
Notebook/Pen
Medicine
Empty Water Bottle
Camera & Charger
HP & Charger
Tissue Paper
*Passport with Visa* important! please double check!

I hope the compilation of places to visit and addresses is going well. We can name it our travel guide. We can include in our travel guide places to eat and also prices of transport etc. We can update the guide as we go along.
I also understand that we will have to make alot of decisions along the way, so please be firm and direct. Don't be wishy washy!

I also suggest that we should be in a buddy system. Josh/Amelia, Limin/Silin, Me/GH/ZH. So wherever your partner goes, you follow.

Anyway, lets meet at 6.45pm on Thursday. Have a light meal, cos I think there are some refreshments on board.
I believe that at this point, we are still a red light for driving, but I still believe that we can make decisions on that as we go along.

I read the travel guide and found out some transport cost information. Money is in AUD. Silin you might want to write this info in the Travel Guide.
Train from Brisbane to Surfer - $40
Bus pass around Surfer - $60 for 3 days unlimited ride
Train from Surfer back to Brisbane - $40
Public Bus in Brisbane - $2
Bus pass in Sydney - $7 OR Bus/Ferry pass in Sydney - $16
Public Bus in Sydney - $2
Tram in Melbourne - $2.60

So I think we can safely put our budget for Transport to be $200 - $300. This estimate is actually very generous, as I believe we will struggle to hit the $200 mark if we plan our trip wisely. We can substitute some bus for cabs etc in case of emergency, so no harm increasing the cap.
If we use the calculations from our previous budget overview in the previous post, we will have about AUD$1054 to spend. Minus Transport, we will be left with about AUD$700.
As we already have events such as Dreamworld, Blue Mountains tour etc covered, we can safely spend about AUD$50 per day. I am ready to give up Lonepine(Hug Koalas) as it is too expensive to just travel to Brisbane to hug some animals. *sniff*
Anyone with me on this? We can spend our day doing something else instead. I'm sure there are lots to do :)
It would also be beneficial to save some money for Melbourne, as although there are DFOs all around in Australia, we can really shop in Melbourne as it will be our last stop. I sincerely plan to spend at least half a day shopping!

A small video about Melbourne


Pack early, prepare and please get international roaming for your phone so we can contact each other in times of emergency.
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment